About Kennedy Van & Storage
We cover the Bay Area, although will travel outside of that area for luggage jobs (transporting luggage from an airport, hotel, winery, etc).
Yes, our license number is CAL-T-167922, and we are completely insured and carry General Liability, Cargo and Workers Comp.
Yes, we provide professional packing services to lift the stress when you go new places. Our packers are trained to work efficiently and use best practices ensure your goods are ready to travel safely. If you prefer, you can do your own packing—or ask your movers to pack particular items for you.
Our moving rates are $150/hour, with a 4 hour minimum, for two men and a truck.
Mini storage costs $75/month for a 5 ft. wide x 7 ft. tall x 7.5 ft. long unit.
Full-Service storage costs are $75/month for a 5 ft. wide x 7 ft. tall x 7.5 ft. long unit, plus $150/hour for 2 men and a truck (with driving time doubled between the pickup address and our warehouse).
It’s difficult to say exactly how long your move is going to take if we haven't seen it, but there are averages that can be given based on square footage being moved etc.
Call us at (415) 826-5605 or click here to obtain a quote. Be sure to offer as much information as possible at the time of the estimate. Neglecting to mention items or difficult areas of access during the estimate almost always results in unexpected costs for the customer.
We will collect payment at the end of the moving job. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted.
There are several items that we cannot take. Those items include combustibles, corrosives, currency, pets and perishable foods.
Yes. You or a designated representative should be at your residence during the entire move process. The movers may have questions and will do a final walk-through of the residence with you or a designated representative. You will also need to be at the destination residence, not only to direct the movers for placement of furniture and goods, but also perform the check-off process for your shipment.
Yes. All the items disassembled by Kennedy Van & Storage will be reassembled at your new home.
General Moving Questions
Hiring a professional mover delivers exceptional value on a day that can otherwise be very stressful. Moving can be both emotionally and physically draining, and handling delicate or bulky items with care requires specific moving skills. We highly recommend turning to professionals for this, as you would for many of your households needs, such as plumbing and electricity.
- Label all boxes with the room and contents on the top of the box so the movers can easily see it while they are carrying the boxes
- Pack a bag for you and/or your family as if you are going on vacation for a week so you can easily find everything you need while you are unpacking
- Label all remotes and put them in a baggie
- If you are taking anything apart, put all pieces in a baggie and tape it to the item
- Grab ice or ice packs the day before your move so you can pack your refrigerated items in a cooler
- Keep one box full of cleaning supplies, paper towels, garbage bags so you can clean after everything is moved out and as soon as you get into your new place or hire a cleaning (carpet cleaning) service for your new (or both) houses
- Contact your garbage company to schedule extra pick up if available
We recommend scheduling your move as far in advance as possible. The farther out you can plan your move, the greater the availability you will have in choosing a date and time convenient for you. A general rule of thumb is to contact us no later than two weeks in advance of your desired move date. We realize advanced planning is not always possible, and do our best to accommodate last minute customers as well.
Moving labor represents the majority of the moving expense. However, you should also budget for packing supplies, such as moving boxes and tape, and for additional valuation (moving insurance) as needed.
- As with other service industries, you may wish to thank your movers for a job well done by offering a gratuity.
- While the movers do not expect a set tip amount, industry standard is 10-15% of the moving job which they divide up evenly.
- If you feel that your movers went above and beyond in their efforts, you may want to increase the amount accordingly.
Choose a simple labeling system (i.e. MBR for Master Bedroom) and make sure all of your boxes are clearly marked. Boxes should be labeled on the top and three sides. Your movers will work closely with you at the destination to make sure everything ends up where you want it.
- When the cabinets are made of metal or plastic, two-drawer filing cabinets can be left full.
- The top two drawers of a 4-drawer cabinet need to be emptied.
- All lateral file cabinets need to be completely emptied.
All drawers need to be emptied in wooden cabinets.
- It is generally fine to leave your clothing in your dresser drawers during the move.
- Be sure to remove anything from the drawers than may roll around or shift during transport, as this can cause damage.
- If the dresser is particularly large (a triple dresser or part of a large armoire), it is best to at least partially empty it.
For your own peace of mind, you may want to consider moving jewelry and other small valuables yourself in your personal vehicle. As for larger items such as art, antiques, musical instruments, special collections, or other items of great personal meaning and value, point these items out to your movers at the start of moving day so they can take the necessary steps to ensure for their proper care.
On moving day, you should let the professional movers handle the job entirely. They are highly trained and the best suited to carry the weight and negotiate the loading of the truck. Generally speaking, having non-professionals work alongside the movers slows things down and costs you more in the long run. Your friends and family can be most helpful in preparing for the move by helping you with packing moving boxes or caring for your pets or children.
Mini Storage & Full-Service Storage Questions
Our storage warehouse is conveniently located in San Francisco's Bayview district at 2225 McKinnon Ave., San Francisco.
Your Mini Storage unit will be available to you Monday-Friday, from 9:00am to 4:30pm, and on the last Saturday of the month, from 9:00am to 4:30pm.
Mini Storage is $75/month, and full-service storage is $75/month for a 5 ft. wide x 7 ft. tall x 7.5 ft. long unit, plus $150/hour for 2 men and a truck (with driving time doubled between the pickup address and our warehouse).
Mini Storage is the more economical option - simply drive your car or truck to your unit and unload. You'll have access to your unit whenever our warehouse is open.
With Full-Service Storage, we will drive to your home or business, pick up your items, and transport them to our warehouse for storage. To access your belongings a warehouse employee must be present.
Storage units are rented on a month-to-month basis. Your rental with us can be long-term or short-term depending on your needs.
We take great pride in protecting your belongings and provide a security system at all of the warehouse entrances.
No, we just offer storage for household or business office items.